To support education and research in underserved regions of the world, ISUOG is making available up to 6 travel grants for young researchers from underserved regions to attend the 27th World Congress on Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology that will be held in Vienna from 16-19 September 2017.
The grant will support up to 6 individuals who are committed to research and improvement of services in their own regions and only candidates who meet the eligibility and qualifying criteria should apply
- Holds a postgraduate degree in obstetrics and/or gynecology or is engaged in imaging in obstetrics and gynecology.
- Has been in practice for three years or more as a specialist or trainee
- Practices in a low-resource country - click here for list of eligible countries
- Spends 50% of working time in a medical school, teaching hospital or government agency
- Can communicate fluently in English
- Can present an oral communication or poster of your submitted abstract is accepted
- Can attend the full scientific programme of the Congress (16-19 September 2017)
- Is eligible for a visa to Vienna, Austria
- A letter of recommendation in English from the Chair of your department or government/project Director. The letter must confirm that each of the eligibility criteria has been met prior to application.
- A written statement from the applicant in English why you are applying and the potential benefits for you if you attend.
- An abstract must be submitted on or before the deadline date of 31 March 2017 for consideration in the program and accepted for presentation.
Administration of the grant
- ISUOG will book the applicant economy return air travel and travel insurance from the applicant’s country up to the value of £800. Travel will be booked through ISUOG’s appointed travel agent.
- Up to 4 nights’ accommodation will be provided by ISUOG for the applicant in Vienna between the dates 15-19 September 2017.
- Complimentary registration to attend the Congress will be provided.
- A per diem of GBP £40 per day will be provided to the applicant for the duration of the Congress (between 15-19 September 2017). This will be given onsite at the registration desk upon arrival in Rome.
- The application of the travel visa to Vienna, Austria if required is the responsibility of the applicant. ISUOG will issue the applicant with a visa invitation letter to facilitate this process.
How to apply
- When you submit your abstract you will be able to apply for the travel grant and upload the required documents
- If you are submitting more than one abstract you only need to upload the documents once