ISUOG is pleased to announce that the next Basic Training Course will take place on Friday and Saturday, 16-17 February 2018 at Erasmus University Medical Center in Rotterdam, The Netherlands.
This course will provide an introduction to the basic principles of ultrasound in gynecology and is aimed at entry level healthcare trainees or those looking to refresh their knowledge with a theoretical course on Friday and a hands-on training on Saturday. The following topics will be covered:
- Physical principles of ultrasound including safety & principles of Doppler
- Transducers, image production, knobology, scanning planes (TV & TA) & meaurements
- The basics of a gynaecology ultrasound
- Examing the vagina and cervix
- Examing the uterus: endometrium, myometrium and 3D examples
- Examing the ovary and adnexa
- Typical ultrasound appearances of the most common pathologies in the adnexa
- Management of abnormal findings in the female pelvis & writing the report
Our International Faculty includes Shabnam Bobdiwala, UK (Co-chair), Jeroen Kaijser, The Netherlands (Co-chair), Chiara Landolfo, Belgium & Ingrid Brusse, The Netherlands.
Registration for the course also includes one year complimentary ISUOG trainee membership for all trainee attendees and 2018 ISUOG membership for all non-trainee attendees.
This course will also be live streamed. Live stream delegates can attend in real time and get involved with the course by asking questions and participating in the Q & A. The recordings will be available to all course delegates for one month after the course for you to re-watch and catch up with any content. There will also be an opportunity to host a Satellite screening of the course. Find out more about participating via live stream satellites.
Registration fees for ISUOG members, Erasmus MC residents, and trainees are of €50 for the theoretical course on Friday 16th and €65 for the full 2-day program. Registration fees for all other delegates are of €117 and €132 respectively.
All fees include 2018 ISUOG membership.