This 5-day Online Master Class in Obstetrics and Gynecology Ultrasound Course is approved by ISUOG and Organised by AECS MED in online. Through a series of lectures, videos, case presentations sessions, the course aims to offer you a deeper insight in obstetrics and gynecological ultrasound.
Find out more about the program below:
Flyer: MasterClass In Obstetrics And Gynaecology Ultrasound September 01 - 05, 2022
Course Registration Page link: https://www.aecsmed.com/event/master-obstetrics-and-gynaecology-ultrasonography/
Course Program Link: Download Course Program
Prof. Karim D Kalache is the Division Chief of Maternal Fetal Medicine at Sidra Medicine, overseeing prenatal care for pregnant women in Qatar and the Gulf. He manages high-risk obstetrical patients with a main focus on prenatal diagnosis in clinical research. Previously, Prof. Kalache served as Vice Chairman of the Department of Obstetrics at the Charité – Universitätsmedizin Berlin which is also a joint institution of the Freie Universität Berlin and the Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin. In 2008, Prof. Kalache was appointed Professor in Obstetrics at the same institution. Prior to that Prof. Kalache was a Senior Lecturer and an Honorary Consultant in Maternal-Fetal Medicine at the Princess Anne Hospital of the University of Southampton in the United Kingdom. In 2001, he led the Fetal Imaging Department at the Perinatology Research Branch of the National Institutes of Health in Detroit Michigan.
He presented the Stuart Campbell lecture for authoring the most cited article in Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology in 2009.
Notable Publications: Prof. Kalache has authored and co-authored over 100 peer reviewed articles and book chapters on topics related to fetal imaging. Read more.
Specialties: Fetal anomaly screening T1 & T2; fetal heart; fetal growth restriction; maternal and fetal Doppler; placental anomalies; ultrasound in labor
Languages: English; French; German
Dr. Ashok Khurana commenced his medical studies at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India in 1975, and, after completing his MBBS went on to do a post graduate (MD) degree in Radiology which he completed in 1984. During this period he had the unique experience of establishing the ultrasound services at this premier institution under the guidance of Prof. Sneh Bhargava who is widely regarded as the “guru” of contemporary medical imaging in India. It was during this time that he also had the opportunity to train at the ultrasound department of the Herlev Hospital in Denmark under the tutelage of Prof. Hans Henrik Holm, a pioneer in ultrasound technology and its medical applications. Armed with this experience he went on to establish a private medical facility in New Delhi, with the vision of providing world class ultrasound services. Read more.
Field: Fetal Medicine, Obstetrics & Gynecology
Specialties: Color Doppler, 3D and 4D ultrasound, ultrasound guided surgical procedures, transrectal scans, transvaginal scans.
"In a country where more mothers and newborns die than anywhere else in the world, there has been an increasing need to incorporate quality ultrasound in antenatal care. It has been heartening to s ee the change in the way ultrasound scans are now carried out in many parts of my country. ISUOG’s education has played a major role in this. I have drawn hugely on the name and academic content of ISUOG to run major ISUOG events in New Delhi, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Kochi and Mumbai as well as smaller, personalised courses. This has included professing ultrasound guidelines, projecting guidelines for the appropriate use of Doppler studies and spreading awareness of ISUOG's online academic content. Future direction includes taking the mission of ISUOG to the remotest areas, increasing awareness of the utility of ISUOG educational material in gynecological ultrasound, and increasing the visibility of the White Journal."
Dr Mala Sibal is presently a consultant physician at the department of Fetal Medicine and Obstetric and Gynecological Ultrasound, Manipal Hospital, Bangalore. She is also the course director and faculty member of the Gynecological Ultrasound online learning portal ‘’Gynecology Academy’’ (www.gynac.org).
She is the author of the book “Ultrasound in Gynecology: An Atlas and Guide” published by Springer in February 2017.
She is authorised by the IOTA steering committee to conduct IOTA certification programs both nationally and internationally. She is especially interested in Gynecological Ultrasound and has been an invited speaker at numerous national and international conferences on this subject.
She has authored peer-reviewed journal articles on novel diagnostic ultrasound techniques in the American Journal of Ultrasound in Medicine. She is also a principal investigator in the ongoing International Ovarian Tumor Analysis (IOTA 5 & 7) International Research Program.
Mala Sibal (2017). Ultrasound in Gynecology: An Atlas and Guide, Springer Verlag, Singapore.
Field: Obstetrician and Gynecologist doing exclusive Fetal Medicine and Obstetric & Gynecological Ultrasound
Specialties: 3D/4D Ultrasound, Gynecological ultrasound, Gynecological oncology
Dr Karunakar MARIKINTI
MD(AIIMS-Delhi) MNAMS (AIIMS-Delhi) FRCOG (UK) CST (UK) MSc (Spain) RCR/RCOG D-USS (UK)
Consultant in Reproductive Medicine, Gynaecology and Obstetrics UAE & UK
www.conceiveivf.ae www.primehealth.ae www.bournhall-clinic.ae www.carefertility.com
- Patient-centric Evidence Based Reproductive health care Provider for Simple or Complex Male and Female Infertility/IVF, Recurrent IVF failures, Recurrent Miscarriage.
- 20 yrs of experience at UK’s largest & most advanced Fertility Units starting with Noble Prize winner, Prof Robert Edwards @ World’s first IVF Centre, Bourn Hall Clinic, Cambridge, UK in 2001.
- Highly focused to transplant skills and expertise to well-targeted women’s healthcare providers through structured, self-sustainable ambulatory gynaecology, ambulatory obstetrics reach out models.
- Telehealth - Preventive Gynaecology and Obstetrics Health Care
Qualification/training – Europe & India:
- MSc in ART: Master’s degree in Biotechnology and Human Assisted Reproduction (Valencia University, Spain) 2017.
- Fellowship in Recurrent Miscarriage, St. Mary’s hospital, London-World’s largest Miscarriage Centre
- Fellowship in Fetal Medicine (Leeds General Infirmary, UK)
- Diploma in Ultrasound RCR/RCOG (LGI, UK)
- Advanced Certification in USS in OBGYN (King’s College, London)
- FRCOG -2007
- CST-GMC UK)
- Six year Residency in OBGYN at India’s Premier Healthcare organisation, ALL INDIA INSTITUTE OF MEDICAL SCIENCES, DELHI.
- Marikinti K, Venkat G, Nair S, Linara E, Ahuja K. Outcome of hysterosalpingo contrast sonography (HyCoSy) for patency of fallopian tubes in 101 single women (SW) and lesbian women (LW) seeking donor insemination (DI). In: Fertility & Sterility. ASRM program supplement; September 2009.
- Marikinti K; Rai R.; Lo W.; Hameed A.; Regan L “pregnancy outcome in women with a history of recurrent miscarriages. Effect of age, ethnicity and history infertility” In Hum Reproduction. Volume 23 supplements 1, July 2008: Abstract book ESHRE 2008.
- Marikinti K., Mathews T., Ball J., Brinsden P. Ultrasound and Hysteroscopic Findings in women with a history of Difficult Embryo Transfers. In: Fertility & Sterility. Abstracts, ASRM 2003. September 2003 vol. 80 Sup.3; 125.
- Marikinti K, Brinsden PR.'The presence of blood in the transfer catheter negatively influences outcome at embryo transfer'. Hum Reprod. 2005 Jul; 20(7): 2029-30.
- ART: Author of a chapter based on original data on Diagnostic Hysteroscopy in Assisted Conception in, P R Brinsden ed. Text Book of In Vitro Fertilization and Assisted Reproduction. 3rd edn. London: Taylor & Francis, 2005:107-127. Bourn Hall clinic
Country: United Kingdom and United Arab Emirates
Field: Reproductive Endocrinology, Miscarriage, Ultrasound, Health & Medical Education
Specialties: Gynecology and Obstetrics
Languages: English, Hindi, Urdu, Telugu, Tamil
"Ultrasound is the third eye of any healthcare provider caring for women for their simplest to the most complex Reproductive Medical and Healthcare needs. ISUOG, has been backbone of standards in the knowledge and practice of this most important diagnostic tool for the wellbeing of women, bringing together most"