Apply for ISUOG endorsement for your educational program and encourage international liaison in education.
The objective of approved courses is to offer ISUOG’s official endorsement to quality educational programs in ultrasound in obstetrics and gynecology. In so doing ISUOG aims to encourage international liaison in education and to identify an internationally acceptable standard for further education in the field.
For full details of forthcoming ISUOG Approved courses please see the future meetings listing.
Applying for ISUOG course approval
Any individual member of ISUOG, organising courses or training programs in ultrasound in obstetrics and gynecology, or perinatal medicine, may apply for ISUOG approval of their course or program. The courses are organised independently of the Society but, provided they fulfil the requirements outlined below, can be formally recognised by ISUOG for their quality and educational value to ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology. The course can take place in any language as long as translation of the program is provided in English for approval.
Course formats can be developed together with the person(s) in charge of the local organisation. Sample basic and advanced templates for each course format can be downloaded from this webpage, however, these can be modified in agreement with the Education Committee.
For more details read the ISUOG Approved Course Bylaws.
Requirements for approval
1. Applications should be made in in writing, addressed to the Chair of the Education Committee, Dr. Caterina M. Bilardo, and sent to both the ISUOG Secretariat (email@example.com) and Gesù Antonio Báez, International Development Coordinator (GBaez@isuog.org). They should be received at least three, but ideally six months in advance of the proposed date of the course.
2. The applicant should be a current member of the International Society of Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology or, if not, the application must be supported by a member of the ISUOG Board/Education Committee. The invited faculty must include a minimum of two ISUOG committee members / ISUOG recognised speakers, in agreement with the Education committee.
3. ISUOG approved courses should address a specific aspect of ultrasound in obstetrics and gynecology, at basic or advanced level. The educational goals and expected level of experience of the participants should be clearly defined in the advertising material. Invited speakers should be recognised international experts in their field and the panel should include two ISUOG speakers. Please consult the ISUOG International Faculty List for for guidance in identifying ISUOG speakers.
4. Applications should include details of the scientific program, invited speakers, the educational aims, target audience and delegate fees, together with the letter of application.
5. An answer will be provided to the organisers within a month of receipt of the original application (please indicate e-mail address). The answer will contain formal approval of the course and the corresponding bylaws to fulfil/accept. Minor fees will be charged in addition to a fixed deposit, to cover shipping expenses for brochures and other ISUOG material to be included in the course packs (see bylaws for full details).