Abstract submission for the ISUOG World Congress 2023 is now closed. Abstract submitters will be notified of their acceptance or rejection in June 2023.
Key dates - abstract submission:
- June 2023: Notification of abstract acceptance or rejection
- 13 June 2023: Abstract serious errors due
- 11 July 2023: Presenting author registration deadline. Presenting authors of accepted abstracts need to register by this date, otherwise abstracts will be withdrawn. The abstract submitter discount will only be honoured until this date.
Dr Stefan Timmerman, 'Best in Category' award for 'Managing Ovarian Masses'
Get inspired by Dr Stefan Timmerman, who was presented the 'Best in Category' award for the 'Managing Ovarian Masses' Oral Communications session at World Congress 2022.
Any questions relating to abstract submission should be emailed to the ISUOG team at [email protected].
ISUOG rules of submission
- At the time of submission, if an abstract has already been published elsewhere, this cannot be submitted
- If after acceptance, an abstract is published elsewhere, it can be presented but not as a Top Abstract
- Submitted abstracts must not include already published data
- All speakers participating in a CME activity are expected to disclose to the audience any financial interest or other relationship with the manufacturer(s) of any commercial product(s) and/or provider(s) of commercial services discussed in an educational presentation. You will be asked to confirm these interests during submission
- All abstracts must be submitted via the official Congress online submission system
- Additional instructions including formatting your abstract online
Peer review and program development
- All abstracts are anonymously peer reviewed, scored and allocated on merit to oral communication (OC) or electronic poster presentation
- Scientific program sessions will be formulated around accepted abstracts to ensure that the final program reflects the current research interest of our delegates and achieves the highest possible scientific standards. Invited and special lectures are chosen to compliment this material
Reproduction of abstracts
All abstracts accepted for presentation will be published in a supplement to ISUOG’s official Journal Ultrasound in Obstetrics & Gynecology (UOG). By submitting your abstract you agree to transfer the copyright to ISUOG should your abstract be accepted.
Recording of presentations
By submitting an abstract, you authorise ISUOG to record your abstract presentation (if accepted) during the ISUOG World Congress 2023. All or a portion of presentations, discussion, question and answer, comments, documents and presentation slides presented will be recorded and may be selected for inclusion on ISUOG’s event platform, website, On Demand web portal for members and other users as well as used for promotional purposes. Please ensure you opt in during abstract submission if you wish your presentation to be made available On Demand.
- You will be notified as to whether your abstract has been accepted or not in June 2023. Full details, including the timing of your presentation(s), will be notified to accepted presenters at that time.
- Abstract presentations will be accepted in PowerPoint format only. More information will be made available on how to upload your PowerPoint slides for the Congress after your abstract has been accepted.
- Any presenting author whose abstract is not accepted and who is unable to attend the Congress will be entitled to a refund of their registration fees minus an administration charge of GBP £40.00.
Presenting author registration requirement and discount
Presenting authors need to be registered by (11 July 2023). The presenting author discount will be honoured in all cases until this date, and not after.
All abstracts submitted will receive a confirmation email from the system that will contain a registration discount code that the presenting author can use to register and claim GBP £50 discount on all full registration fees. The abstract submission discount cannot be used in conjunction with low and middle income discounted registration fees.
Any presenting author whose abstract is not accepted and who is unable to attend the Congress will be entitled to a refund of their registration fees minus an administration charge of GBP £40.00.
Registration will open in early 2023.
Congress Travel Grant
- To support education and research in underserved regions of the world, ISUOG is making available grants for researchers from underserved regions to attend ISUOG’s Congress.
- The grant is for individuals who are committed to research and improvement of services in their own regions and only candidates who meet the eligibility and qualifying criteria should apply. Click here to find out more. Please note priority will be given to new applicants who apply.
Top abstract award
The top 5 highest scoring abstracts will be invited to present as part of the Top Abstract plenary session at the Congress. This is one of the highest profile sessions at the whole Congress and is led by the Scientific Committee chairs and judged by the commitee members. The winner will be announced at the end of the event and receive a certificate, complimentary registration to the 2024 Congress and will be published in the Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology (UOG) journal. The final score will be based on the quality of the abstract and the live presentation judged during the event.
Young Investigator Award
The presenting author has not completed their specialty or sub-specialty training, and
A letter from the head of department confirming the applicant’s trainee status is required. This letter must be uploaded to the relevant abstract during submission.
Best in category awards
The highest scoring abstracts in each category will be awarded a certificate at the end of the Congress. The final score will be based on the quality of the abstract and the live presentation judged during the event.