ISUOG makes available grants for researchers from underserved regions to attend the World Congress on Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology.
The grant will support individuals who are committed to research and improvement of services in their own regions and only candidates who meet the eligibility and qualifying criteria should apply.
- Holds a postgraduate degree in obstetrics and/or gynecology or is engaged in imaging in obstetrics and gynecology
- Has been in practice for three years or more as a specialist or trainee
- Practices in a low-resource country - click here for list of eligible countries
- Spends 50% of working time in a medical school, teaching hospital or government agency
- Can communicate fluently in English
- Can present an oral communication or poster of your submitted abstract is accepted
- Can attend the full scientific programme of the Congress (16-19 October 2023)
- A letter of recommendation in English from the Chair of your department or government/project Director. The letter must confirm that each of the eligibility criteria has been met prior to application
- A written statement from the applicant in English explaining why you are applying and the potential benefits for you if you attend
- An abstract must be submitted on or before the deadline date for consideration in the program and accepted for presentation
Administration of the grant
Economy return air travel and travel insurance from the applicant’s country up to the value of £800. Travel will be booked by ISUOG through ISUOG’s appointed travel agent
Up to 4 nights’ accommodation in Seoul between the dates 15-20 October 2023. Accommodation will be booked by ISUOG
Complimentary registration to attend the Congress
A per diem of GBP £40 per day for the duration of the Congress (16-19 October 2023). This will be given onsite at the registration desk upon arrival
A visa invitation letter to facilitate the visa application process (if applicants require visas for entry to Korea and any stopover countries, it is the responsibility of the applicant to obtain and pay for this visa/these visas)
Please note, if applicants require any COVID19 vaccinations, tests, certificates, etc., for entry to Korea and any stopover countries, it is the responsibility of the application to obtain and pay for these
- If international travel is prohibited or it is agreed between ISUOG and the applicant that travel is not advised for any other reason, ISUOG will provide an alternative appropriate event/activity registration to the applicant instead.
How to apply
Abstract submissions are now closed and thus applications for the 2023 Travel Grant are now also closed. Successful applicants will be notified by ISUOG in June 2023.