Congress Travel Grant
Submissions for the 2017 Travel Grant are now over. Congratulations to Alim Swarray-Deen, Amira Ayachi, Binod Parmar, Celestin Mbonyizina, Hadijat Raji and Mariam Louis our six 2017 Travel Grant winners!
To support education and research in underserved regions of the world, ISUOG is making available up to 6 travel grants for young researchers from underserved regions to attend the 27th World Congress on Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology that will be held in Vienna from 16-19 September 2017.
The grant will support up to 6 individuals who are committed to research and improvement of services in their own regions and only candidates who meet the eligibility and qualifying criteria should apply
- Holds a postgraduate degree in obstetrics and/or gynecology or is engaged in imaging in obstetrics and gynecology
- Has been in practice for three years or more as a specialist or trainee
- Practices in a low-resource country - click here for list of eligible countries
- Spends 50% of working time in a medical school, teaching hospital or government agency
- Can communicate fluently in English
- Can present an oral communication or poster of your submitted abstract is accepted
- Can attend the full scientific programme of the Congress (16-19 September 2017)
- Is eligible for a visa to Vienna, Austria
- A letter of recommendation in English from the Chair of your department or government/project Director. The letter must confirm that each of the eligibility criteria has been met prior to application
- A written statement from the applicant in English explaining why you are applying and the potential benefits for you if you attend
- An abstract must be submitted on or before the deadline date of 31 March 2017 for consideration in the program and accepted for presentation
Administration of the grant
- ISUOG will book the applicant economy return air travel and travel insurance from the applicant’s country up to the value of £800. Travel will be booked through ISUOG’s appointed travel agent
- Up to 4 nights’ accommodation will be provided by ISUOG for the applicant in Vienna between the dates 15-19 September 2017
- Complimentary registration to attend the Congress will be provided
- A per diem of GBP £40 per day will be provided to the applicant for the duration of the Congress (between 15-19 September 2017). This will be given onsite at the registration desk upon arrival in Vienna
- The application of the travel visa to Vienna, Austria if required is the responsibility of the applicant. ISUOG will issue the applicant with a visa invitation letter to facilitate this process
How to apply
- When you submit your abstract you will be able to apply for the travel grant and upload the required documents
- If you are submitting more than one abstract you only need to upload the documents once
Share this promotional flyer with your colleagues!
If you are interested in applying for the 2018 Travel Grant please check the website in early 2018 for further information.