To support education and research in underserved regions of the world, ISUOG makes available up to 6 travel grants for young researchers from underserved regions to attend the World Congress on Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology.
The grant will support up to 6 individuals who are committed to research and improvement of services in their own regions and only candidates who meet the eligibility and qualifying criteria should apply.
- Holds a postgraduate degree in obstetrics and/or gynecology or is engaged in imaging in obstetrics and gynecology
- Has been in practice for three years or more as a specialist or trainee
- Practices in a low-resource country - click here for list of eligible countries
- Spends 50% of working time in a medical school, teaching hospital or government agency
- Can communicate fluently in English
- Can present an oral communication or poster of your submitted abstract is accepted
- Can attend the full scientific programme of the Congress (12-16 October 2019)
- Eligible for a visa to Germany
- A letter of recommendation in English from the Chair of your department or government/project Director. The letter must confirm that each of the eligibility criteria has been met prior to application
- A written statement from the applicant in English explaining why you are applying and the potential benefits for you if you attend
- An abstract must be submitted on or before the deadline date of Monday 8 April 2019 for consideration in the program and accepted for presentation
Administration of the grant
- ISUOG will book the applicant economy return air travel and travel insurance from the applicant’s country up to the value of £800. Travel will be booked through ISUOG’s appointed travel agent
- Up to 4 nights’ accommodation will be provided by ISUOG for the applicant in Berlin between the dates 12-16 October 2019
- Complimentary registration to attend the Congress will be provided
- A per diem of GBP £40 per day will be provided to the applicant for the duration of the Congress (between 12-16 October 2019). This will be given onsite at the registration desk upon arrival in Berlin
- The application of the travel visa to Berlin if required is the responsibility of the applicant. ISUOG will issue the applicant with a visa invitation letter to facilitate this process.
How to apply
- When you submit your abstract you will be able to apply for the travel grant and upload the required documents
- If you are submitting more than one abstract you only need to upload the documents once
Testimonials from our 2018 Travel Grant winners
"I was in Singapore last October for the ISUOG2018 World Congress. I was a travel grant recipient, without which it might had been very challenging for me to attend the event...The conference has, no doubt, exceeded my expectations from all aspects. The friendly environment has great deal facilitated my interaction and networking with other colleagues. I am certainly pleased by the quantity and quality of presented topics. If it's ever possible for one person to be in different places at same time, I would have definitely attended all the too many great presentations on the programme!"
"For years now, ISUOG has been an essential part of my ultrasound learning, training and teaching. With the travel grant program, comes further support for research in underserved countries. I had the privilege of joining Singapore 2018 congress and the whole experience was extraordinary!
You get the chance to present your work, connect with like minded professionals and receive feedback from experts. The scientific program is very comprehensive and versatile, covering every aspect from basic to advanced supported with many workshops, special interest group meetings and discussions with distinguished ISUOG faculty. The social program wasn't any less! Starting with opening ceremony, throughout congress party and "coffee connect", it was enjoyable and entertaining.
Personally I admire the whole experience. I really appreciate the hard work of all ISUOG faculty, staff and trainees to get this congress to its final shape each and every year. I'd like to thank the Education and Scientific committee for the chance they offer young researchers to develop their work and I strongly advise all eligible candidates to share!"
"During the four day stay in Singapore, I had one of the most rewarding experience in my life. I found the conference extremely informative. Questions and comments were constantly present as we were provoked to deal with realistic challenging situations. Inevitably discussions also took place at the coffee break, at lunch and everywhere.
I will definitely recommend ISUOG2019 to my colleagues. I am very thankful to ISUOG team for the travel grant and an opportunity to present my work and hope to see you all again in Berlin for ISUOG2019."
"Through the unique travel grant program set up by ISUOG, I had the privilege of attending the 2018 conference in Singapore. Although, I have relied on the educational content published by ISUOG throughout my career, this is the first conference I have been able to attend and it far exceeded my expectations. The educational program was extremely comprehensive and provided updates regarding a vast array of topics. I currently work in Kenya and the travel grant program allowed me to learn and grow as a clinician while affording me the opportunity to develop and foster professional relationships that I would otherwise not have had.
I was able to present a poster and participated in a discussion about the recent work I completed regarding the INTERGROWTH-21st project. I was inspired by the dynamic conversation related to this and many of the other presentations. I believe it is through these types of professional collaborations that development in the medical field is initiated!
I am extremely grateful for the opportunity to attend the ISUOG 2018 conference and hope to attend again in Berlin 2019!"