This policy covers ISUOG’s use of personal information that is collected through ScholarOne. Whenever you provide such personal information, we will treat that information in accordance with this policy. When using your personal information, ISUOG will act in accordance with current legislation and aim to meet current Internet best practice.
By registering personal data on ScholarOne, you consent to its following use by ISUOG:
- Collection and retention, except in case of request for its earlier removal, according to the following time periods:
- Indefinitely for authors’ personal data.
- All manuscript files are archived 180 days after acceptance, 60 days after rejection and 365 days after a request for revision (if a revised manuscript is not submitted before that time expires).
- Archived files are stored by Clarivate for 2 years before deletion.
- ISUOG may use authors' personal data during the peer-review process for contact purposes. These data may also be used to reach out to authors to discuss possible publication opportunities.
- In case of acceptance of your manuscriptfor publication, in order for the publication process to be managed, manuscript files and your personal data will be shared with our production tracking system, typesetting supplier and online hosting supplier.
- On publication on Accepted Article, Early View or in an issue, provided affiliation address(es) of author(s), as well as provided contact information of the corresponding author (full affiliation address and e-mail), will be detailed in their article.
- Sharing of manuscript full text and metadata to third-party indexes and article-hosting repositories will occur upon publication of your article in UOG. These include, but may not be limited to, databases such as PubMed, Web of Science, CrossRef, PubMed Central, OVID, Scopus, British Library.
Access to your personal information
You have the right to request a copy of the personal information ISUOG holds about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. Please address requests to the ISUOG Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ScholarOne may contain links to other external websites that do not fall under its domain. ISUOG is not responsible for the privacy practices and the content of such external websites.
ISUOG does not sell or give away personal information to third parties, other than in the instances mentioned above.