This policy covers ISUOG’s use of personal information that is collected when you use www.isuog.org. Whenever you provide such personal information, we will treat that information in accordance with this policy. When using your personal information ISUOG will act in accordance with current legislation and aim to meet current Internet best practice.
Use and storage of your personal information
- Collection, retention and use of personal information may occur if a member or non-member user interacts with ISUOG's website, by either registering with the site or participating in one of ISUOG's services. Member users will be required to provide their name, address, telephone number, email address, ISUOG member ID number, and/or other identifying information. This information is used to verify status with the ISUOG membership database and to respond to inquiries and/or requests. Non-member users may be required to provide an email address, in order for ISUOG to respond to inquiries and/or requests.
- ISUOG may use email addresses provided by member users to notify them of upcoming events organised or approved by ISUOG. Member users who do not wish to receive such emails should not opt-in when registering with ISUOG's website. Member users are able to opt-out or change their preferences for receiving such information at any time.
- We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as you use the service you have requested, and remove it in the event that the purpose has been met, or, in the case of ISUOG membership you no longer wish to continue your registration as a member. We will ensure that all personal information supplied is held securely, in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Access to your personal information
You have the right to request a copy of the personal information ISUOG holds about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. Please address requests to the ISUOG Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cookies are small pieces of information stored by your browser on your computer, which are used to store information that would otherwise be lost when the browser was closed. When a user logs onto ISUOG's website, a cookie is created and placed on the computer so the user can access the restricted content. The cookie contains no personal information and is used by the website to automatically log in the user on subsequent visits.
- A unique number called an IP address identifies each computer on the Internet. Each time users connect to the Internet, their computer is assigned an IP address. When member and non-member users connect to ISUOG's website, the IP address is stored for statistical purposes.
ISUOG's website makes public forums and discussion boards available to member users. Please remember that any information disclosed in these areas becomes public information and member users should exercise caution when deciding to disclose personal information. ISUOG cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information transmitted in the public forums.
ISUOG's website contains links to other external websites that do not fall under its domain. ISUOG is not responsible for the privacy practices and the content of such external websites.
ISUOG does not sell or give away personal information to third parties.